Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday's Marketing Misconception

I may make this a regular post, but for today!

Here is my view on a marketing misconception.

I'm driving down the highway this afternoon, when a billboard
catches my eye. It has big green lettering

"IT'S COOKIE TIME"

And as I get closer I can make out the figures underneath the
writing. It's a bunch of girl scouts holding boxes of cookies.

Now before I could completely process the thought of everyone,
everyone knows. Family, friends, coworkers and church members.

Who have a daughter, niece, or grandaughter in the girl scouts.
Handing you one of those big glossy cookie order forms, to order
some girl scout cookies.

If anyone cares to send me some,
my favorite's are the peanut butter cookies.

My attention is grabbed by another billboard maybe a hundred
yards down the highway. But this one has a woman in a
police hat and shirt, with handcuffs.

Advertising for Ambiance "The Store for Lovers"
Valentines Day is almost here.

So now my thought is that a couple dozen guys will be stopping
at "Ambiance". And buying girl scout uniforms and cookies to
give to thier wife's and girlfriends for Valentines Day.

Because thats just the way some guys think.

How about you?

Have you seen any marketing misconceptions lately.
Feel free to post them in the comments.

Your Friend in Success

Gary McElwain
216-539-3553 Anytime
My Success Manual

Being a Mentor with a Servants Heart


No comments: